Monday, March 22, 2010

SO,
After I marched for several miles against the 7th anniversary of the war, and played a show with liz and some old people bar with bad Elvis impersonators,

I went a wandering to chase the sunset, and wandered down an alley, which opened up to the bay... I watched all the fishing boats come in, then started to walk back when a bunch of people in a hummer called me over “ukulele girl come some a jay” ... in the back there were a bunch of traveler kids who also got scooped up by the hummer. They had instruments I had a uke, after the hummer folks left, we sat outside of in and out burger until someone fed us. We flew a "Weed money" sign got handed joints then bought two handles of whiskey and got in the back of a van (which was an old electric company van) that our friends were living out of and drove to treasure island. Treasure island is in the middle of the bay, and happens to have the most beautiful view of San Francisco… We ran into their house, jumped the fence and got totally hammered. THIS PLACE is two huge buildings of at least 400 rooms each. There is a court yard, and a crazy middle part that has a ramp that spiral’s up with round windows of different sizes. Crazy. There were also so many weird shaped rooms. Part way through the night Iler and I had to go to get dinner from the bus driver, Lily, who owns a catering business and gives out leftovers, but the pirates (who live next door) got our dinner. YES the pirates of treasure island commandeered dinner. We road lily’s bus for a while, and then got over and wandered along the rocky coast. Chilled on this condemned dock, and Iler invited me to sail to Australia with him this july… I’m thinking about.

We only finished one handle that night, woke up at 8 the next morning and started on the second one. We decided that we needed biscuits and gravy. So we all pilled into the van, got supplies, and cooked in Golden Gate bridge. I read a book in a redwood tree. We played the most silly game of bad mitten. Every so often the whiskey would go around.. “keep drinking we got keep this fair!” After a few rounds I just laid down were I stood and took a nap-at that point I couldn’t hit the birdy when I threw it. Then we jammed I ROCKED out on this fiddle-I didn’t know I could fiddle! Music is instinctual.

We wandered back to north beach, had a big old thing of whiskey coffee. I still couldn't sleep. Traveler kids in a hummers…

No comments:

Post a Comment